“Figure Out QuickBooks Error PS038 In 5 Simple Methods”
Did you come to a halt with QuickBooks error PS038 while processing your paychecks in the QuickBooks application? The error actually occurs if the user is not running the latest QuickBooks version. An error may occur whenever the user tries to download or install the latest tax forms and table updates from Intuit servers in the QuickBooks Desktop. Well, there are a few simple methods to troubleshoot this annoying error. So, we have come up with this article explaining all inches of this QuickBooks payroll error. Continue reading and follow the methods carefully, and do not skip any step in between.
QuickBooks errors are easy to solve and rectify if you do it at the right time without neglecting their major symptoms. However, if you feel like fixing this error with the expert team, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042. Our QuickBooks team will help you throughout the process.
Now, let’s move ahead and learn more about QuickBooks error PS038 to fix the error correctly with no further glitches and bugs.
What Is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code PSO08?
Sometimes, when the user tries to send online paychecks, Payroll tax tables, or QuickBooks payroll, they get bumped into the QuickBooks payroll update error PS038. This error does not let the payroll process, and so the user may face unexpected and poor business outcomes. Running QuickBooks payroll requires the latest payroll tax table updates installed on the QuickBooks Desktop. And when you are installing such recent updates, your screen might show you the message read as “You’ve retrieved the latest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription.” Therefore, the error must immediately get solved after you notice it to avoid further difficulties.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Connection has been lost
Leading Causes Of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038
There are many reasons why QuickBooks payroll update error PS038 occurs, and you need to understand the primary ones to fix the error. Take a look at the following leading causes:
- The QB payroll update error PS038 occurs when the user tries to send paychecks online, but the paycheck is stuck at “Online to send.”
- At times when QuickBooks users try to restore the latest payroll update and attempt to validate their payroll subscription.
- The damaged company file can also be the reason for this payroll update error. Remember that the damaged company file may damage other data files affecting your entire system.
How Does QB Error Code PS038 Affect Your Business?
Without a doubt, QuickBooks payroll update error PS038 restricts users from updating the payroll. Do you think it’s up to this only? No. The error affects the business accounting operations too in different ways, as given below:
- The QuickBooks payroll error PS038 ends up degrading the Windows performance while updating payroll. Also, it crashes the user’s active window affecting the reduced processing time for the updates.
- The error is also responsible for hindering the user’s payroll updates process, so the user gets unable to proceed ahead with the process of updates.
- If you notice any data damage, it’s due to the QuickBooks payroll update error code PS038.
Steps To Solve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038
Troubleshooting Step 1 – By Updating Your QuickBooks Application
- To begin with this process, you need to open the QuickBooks application first and then head towards the Help menu.
- Here, you will see the Update QuickBooks Desktop button, select it, and click on the Update Now option available at the top-right corner.
- Once you do this, continue to select the Get Updates option, followed by downloading the updates. After the downloading gets finished, close the QuickBooks application.
- Now, finally, restart the QB application to verify whether the QuickBooks payroll update error PS038 is still on the QuickBooks Desktop or not.
Troubleshooting Step 2 – Send Payroll Data After Updating Your QuickBooks Application
- Followed by the above steps, once you update your QB application, now head towards the Employees tab, select to click on My Payroll Services, and then click on Send Usage Data.
- If the option for Send Usage Data is available there, send the data successfully and try to update the payroll once again.
- Now, verify whether the QB payroll update error code PS038 exists or not. If it is still there, then come to the next step.
Also read this blog: Easy way to fix QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Troubleshooting Step 3 – Find And Verify Your Paycheck Stuck as “Online to Send”
- Come to the Edit option. There, you will get the Find option, click on it, and choose the Advanced option. After this, go to the Choose Filter tab and check for the Filter list option.
- When you get the Filter list option, click on it, and select the Detail level option by selecting Summary only. Again under the Choose Filter option, go and check for the Choose Filter tab followed by selecting Online Status.
- Now, you will see the drop-down list on the right-hand side of the screen, where you have to select and click Online to send.
- After this, in the final step, go to the File button and click on it to check whether all the unsent paychecks and the QB error PS038 have been cleared or not.
Troubleshooting Step 4 – By Running Verify And Rebuild Data Tool
- Before running the Verify and Rebuild Data tool, you have to ensure to take the backup. After this only, continue to click on the Rebuild Now option.
- Once the Rebuild process gets finished, you can check and track the stuck paychecks status.
- Now, verify whether the rebuild has fixed all the stuck paychecks or not. If it hasn’t fixed these, you cannot update your payroll because of the error code PS038.
Troubleshooting Step 5 – Confirm Paychecks Status Information In QuickBooks
- Under the “Check and Find Paycheck Stuck as Online to Send” section, follow the steps to access the stuck paychecks list in the QuickBooks application.
- Now, from the list of stuck paychecks, open the first paycheck, and give click on the Paycheck Detail option.
- After reviewing that first stuck paycheck from the Review Window, you have to move toward the Earnings tab.
- In this paycheck list, check for the last stuck paycheck list to add the same as a new one again. It will induce the QuickBooks application to pop up a Net Pay Locked window.
- On this window, click on the No option to close it and choose the Rate Field for the paycheck item that you just have added to the list.
- Please do not make any changes in the Net Pay and taxes. Directly click on the OK option and select Yes in case you get the Past Transactions message.
- After this, click on the Save & Close option, followed by hitting the Yes option on the Recording Transactions message.
- Continue to the step by re-opening the paycheck and clicking on the Paycheck Details button. And now you have to delete that item you added earlier from the paycheck list.
- Again, do not make any changes in the Taxes and Net Pay. Click OK, and finally, hit on the Save & Close tab to save all the changes. Now check whether the error has been solved or not. If yes, then perform the entire procedure for each of the stuck paychecks.
QuickBooks error PS038 may scare users while updating their payroll since it’s an integral part of any business accounting operation. We hope this article will help you solve this payroll update error PS038. But, if you still feel approaching QuickBooks experts would be helpful to deal with this error, get in touch with us now! Contact us at 1-855-856-0042.
Really useful to learn: QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Let’s Tackle with Effective Techniques